What is velvet? Velvet is a type of woven tufted fabric, which can made from many types of fibers that woven on a specialist loom. The fabric creates a short dense pile, which gives the velvet a unique softness. Due to this unique finish, it requires careful maintenance.
The features of the velvet makes the velvet sofa more beautiful and stunning, people like to buy a velvet sofa for its softness. But do you know how to maintain your velvet sofa? Below are some tips for your reference:
- Pay attention to the spills, cleaning the spill with a dry cloth, taking care to avoid rubbing and putting pleasure on the fabric. Use a hairdryer at a safe distance to lightly dry the spot to avoid marking.
- Vacuum the velvet sofa regularly. Use a soft brush can also loosen surface dirt and brush it away.
- Use a soft, dry brush in the direction of the pile to restore the direction and loft to help maintain velvet sofa in good shape.
- Use soap and water or an upholstery cleaner when cleaning the dried stain on the velvet sofa.
- It is also advised to moving, turning and shaking velvet sofa cushion to avoid them developing long-term wrinkles that can become hard to remove.
- Professionally clean the entire velvet sofa to ensure the color remains uniform, it will help to remain your velvet sofa in optimal condition.
Keep a velvet sofa looking pristine seems like a challenging task. But i believe if we pay more attention on the maintenance, the velvet sofa will look fantastic and elegant with time go by, the result will turns out worth it.